Monome after monome serial: Needing some help with dataflow.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:30pm

Monome after monome serial: Needing some help with dataflow.

Hi all,
I’ve just done a large upgrade of computer system, went to re-install monome serial, and feel like i’ve been living in the past…

Obviously the ‘zeroconf’ externals have changed the game a little with the dataflow in max/msp, but I just need a little hand with basic patch.

Essentially, I assume sending and receiving data has different messages than what I’m used to. Where as before I would specify the ‘Address pattern prefix’, and send it through a patch like the one I’ve attached, I’m not sure how it works now…

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Todd AK

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:48pm

This forum is for elitist academics of completely eurocentric leaning(y’know the dead-white-men-music-techs who are frustrated that their music will never outshine their legacy in slavery and exploitation nor save them from perpetual war). You want to ask the down-to-earth questions here:

http://post.monome.org/

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAAAHAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:56pm

(he asked there too (at the same time))

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:00pm

(i know, i’m the only one who answered there 17 hours ago, too, as you can see:
http://post.monome.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=15179&page=1#Item_0
but i woke up this morning and just felt like it’s been a long time since i channeled Osama Bin Laden: he’s alive in all of us now that my fellow democrats will be using his death in all future political campaigns to prove republicans ineffective :D)

(Living in America is like slowly watching all the people you used to love become ripped from their souls and turned into zombies…. such an exciting movie for a desensitized generation-Xer such as myself! :p O_o)

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:06pm

(As an ex-pat (lived in Miami most of my life, now in the UK) I can agree with that. Surreal. But it just means the end is nigh).

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:32pm

Yeah, guilty as charged for posting in both forums at the same time… is that bad etiquette?

Just covering my bases. Entertaining feed though, so in a way, I’m glad I posted twice!

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:48pm

it is generally considered bad etiquette to ask someone like me if something is bad etiquette. >:D

other than that, there is no bad etiquette in a world controlled by unregulated opportunistic capitalism.

#deepthoughtsonbadetiquette

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.