Forums > Misc

monome community – compilation album – haiti 2010

January 21, 2010 | 2:50 am

Not strictly max related but well worth a listen if you haven’t noticed it already on the monome forums. Here’s the description from the bandcamp page:

MONOME COMMUNITY: HAITI 2010

———–

This album is a collection of tracks created by artists from all across the world that are part of the monome community.

See where we’re from.

Each artist has donated the track free of charge, in order to generate donations for the complete album download, with all sales proceeds being donated to Médecins Sans Frontières.

The monome community would like to thank Summer Rain Recordings for their support in licensing this project.

We would also like to thank Pau Cabruja for the beautiful artwork he created for this release.

Download the press release here:

English

Spanish

Catalan

———–

lh

January 26, 2010 | 3:02 am

thanks for sharing, ive downloaded and donated, great album, have been listening the past couple of days :)

i have a question i hope someone can help me with. on the track hendersounds – mister CP, there is a sound/effect that i hear fairly regularly in electroacoustic music, first occurrence is at 21 seconds in.. i cant really describe it, but for want of a much better expression its sounds kinda like electricity sparks or crackles, a buzzy twisting sound. sounds kinda metallic. is it just a drum sound used in a sampler sped up really fast and looping?

i was just wondering how one would go about creating these kind of sounds, as ive always been intrigued when i hear them as to what on earth they are! (hope you know what im talking about)

January 27, 2010 | 12:51 am

okay, thanks for the input :)

January 27, 2010 | 1:24 am

It sounds a bit like jumping around a percussion file but sometimes looping the attack. You can make the perceived pitch higher by making the loop shorter. Here’s a mini-example.

lh

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 27, 2010 | 2:54 am

ah ok thanks, i suspected something similar :)

ive been intrigued since i went to a sonification demo last year, lots of simiar sounds.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)