Forums > MaxMSP

Most efficient wave envelope changer

May 1, 2006 | 1:35 pm

I have to use a 144 of these objects simoultaneously in Poly~ each pumpin out several frequencys/numbers a second. Basically every few milliseconds 144 cycle/phasor/square objects are triggered simoultaneously in Poly so I need something very efficient to change between the various waveforms. What would you reccommend as the most efficient/cheapest way to change between waveforms ?
Ive tried several methods including analogue but they are quite expensive…….

May 1, 2006 | 10:58 pm

you can make another poly~s inside the poly~,
that is always the best way to turn stuff off
and on.

May 3, 2006 | 5:41 am

gnee wrote:
> Ive tried several methods including analogue but they are quite
> expensive…….

analogue? never heard of it.
matrix~ should do it, its claimed to be faster than selector~ and you
can add ramps if you need to.

Stefan

[][] [][][] [][] [][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Stefan Tiedje
Klanggestalter
Electronic Composition
&
Improvisation

/~~~~~
\ /|() ()|
))))) )| | |( \
/// _/)/ )))))
___/ ///

————————-x—-
–_____———–|———–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()—-
– _|_)—-|—–()———–
———-()————x—–

14, Av. Pr. Franklin Roosevelt,
94320 Thiais, France
Phone at CCMIX +33-1-57 42 91 09

May 3, 2006 | 8:35 am

Cheers. Analogue is an external but a wee bit expensive. The matrix idea is a good one, but how do you turn off the cycle object completely when for example you switch to the phasor object ? even though you dont hear them they are still running ! I tried mute to no avail….

May 3, 2006 | 11:03 am

instead of using difrent objects for waveforms, you could use only cycle~ objects reffering to a buffer~, and then replace the buffer~ with the wanted waveform~. i.e. a ramp or square or whatever…

Mute should work fine, another option is to put the Oscillators inside poly~’s and the use the mute message for poly~…

as Roman says, you can have several poly~’s inside other poly~’s and this is the most efficient way of doing this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)