motion blur and other effects for jitter open gl please

Anonymous

Anonymous
Oct 10, 2009 at 6:20pm

jit.gl.slab-slide.maxpat

under Max5/examples/Jitter-examples/render/slab

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:49pm

to elaborate further, motion blur is a post processing 3d effect (same as glow, gauss blur, etc.). this means you must capture your 3d scene or individual 3d objects to a texture, and process the texture with slabs.

search the forum for many examples, as well as the jitter recipes.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:19pm

so the only way to achieve motion blur in 3D space is to use erase color attribute in jit.gl.render? otherwise it is possible only to blur textures?

Cheers

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:35pm

“so the only way to achieve motion blur in 3D space is to use erase color attribute in jit.gl.render? otherwise it is possible only to blur textures?”
You want to do blurry 3d objects?
Me too, shaders are the way to go.
Another way is to do it would be multiple render passes.. not sure how well this works with jitter.

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:39pm

In this patch, I illustrate a way to obtain motion blur by capturing a rendered object and processing it with pixel shaders: a feedback system with gaussian blur.

I also illustrate the possibility of doing sub-frame motion blur: calculating and adding intermediary object positions between frames. This way, for instance, we can have a patch calculating 240 fps but only showing 60 fps (useful for video, by reducing the fps but maintaining the fluidity of movement).

I hope it helps.

Another technique I haven’t done before is Vector Motion Blur. Anyone?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

`

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:17pm

Thank you Pedro, very nice motion blur! There is only one thing that is bothering me: when the picture is still, the blur does not disappear. If I set the cycle frequency to 0, the circle is still blurry.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:07pm

Yeah, I’ve noticed it.

Did a lot of changes:
Changed the feedback shader from “screen” to “lighten”

The blur shader used is now Andrew Benson’s luminance based gaussian filter (http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=18001). In this case, I use the luminance parameter as the amount of change between successive frames. This way, if the image is the same, no blur will be processed.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:34pm

Thank you Pedro for the update! But when I changed the circle into torus for instance, with polymode 1 1, the blur still remains on the surface. Just wanted to let you know.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:05pm

This fixes it, but the results are not very nice with poly_mode 1 1.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.