Forums > Jitter

motion blur frame composite patch

February 21, 2012 | 3:24 pm

Hello,

I want to make a patch that will take an incoming live video signal, store the frames into a buffer, and then output a video with composited frames layered on top of one another. For example: 10 frames of live video go into a buffer and then these frames are output with each of the frames overlapping each other (on top of one another) so that 1 frame of the output video is made up of 10 overlapping frames of the incoming live video.

I have looked on the forums for some clue as to how to do this, and I may be going in the right direction with one patch I found that stores individual frames into a buffer and allows for shuffling between frames. I have posted it here.

My question is: how would I output all captured frames from the buffer so that they overlap one another in the final output video?

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments:
  1. Untitled6.maxpat

February 21, 2012 | 5:00 pm

like this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 22, 2012 | 6:22 am

Thanks for posting, but I don’t think this is what I’m looking for.

I’ve done some more patching and searching on the forums – here is my patch so far, but I’m still having the same problem: I would like to collect "x" number of frames into a buffer and then output all of these frames simultaneously (to one matrix, one jit.pwindow). I would like each frame to be "overlayed" in terms of composite mode, with the opacity of each frame being equivalent to all others.

In the patch, I have posted my question in light blue. The green portion of the patch is where I will have my frame collector. The current setup that I have with [bag] is not working so well.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

February 22, 2012 | 7:40 pm

See if it helps. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)