Mouse Control/Cursor Hi-jacking.

Apr 20, 2008 at 9:24pm

Mouse Control/Cursor Hi-jacking.

I was wondering if it is possible to take over or ‘hi-jack’ a mouse or trackpad’s actions. I am to use OSC or Midi, sending it into Max and then it moving my cursor.

Why I hear you cry?

I have my iSight camera with a infrared filter on it and using software called isadora I can get X – Y data, I want to be able to move my mouse with the IR receiver…. its just a little project Ive wanted to try for a while.

Any ideas?

#37034
Apr 20, 2008 at 9:38pm

; max pupdate [x coord] [y coord]
in a message box.

wheee!

On Apr 20, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Graham Thorne wrote:

>
> I was wondering if it is possible to take over or ‘hi-jack’ a mouse
> or trackpad’s actions. I am to use OSC or Midi, sending it into Max
> and then it moving my cursor.
>
> Why I hear you cry?
>
> I have my iSight camera with a infrared filter on it and using
> software called isadora I can get X – Y data, I want to be able to
> move my mouse with the IR receiver…. its just a little project Ive
> wanted to try for a while.
>
> Any ideas?
> –
> http://www.grahamthorne.co.uk

#127503
Apr 20, 2008 at 9:46pm

joshua you’re a star! How do you find out stuff like that?!

#127504
Apr 20, 2008 at 9:50pm

but how do you simulate a click?
i did it using osculator but i didn’t find how to do this in max …

cheers

g

2008/4/20, joshua goldberg :
>
> ; max pupdate [x coord] [y coord]
> in a message box.
>
> wheee!
>
> On Apr 20, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Graham Thorne wrote:
>
>
> > I was wondering if it is possible to take over or ‘hi-jack’ a mouse or
> > trackpad’s actions. I am to use OSC or Midi, sending it into Max and then it
> > moving my cursor.
> >
> > Why I hear you cry?
> >
> > I have my iSight camera with a infrared filter on it and using software
> > called isadora I can get X – Y data, I want to be able to move my mouse with
> > the IR receiver…. its just a little project Ive wanted to try for a while.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > –
> > http://www.grahamthorne.co.uk
> >
>
>

#127505
Apr 20, 2008 at 10:03pm

Its working… Realized I disabled my mouse and had to force quit! haha stupid me!

How can I send a variable value into a message box though? Currently I am just typing values in… so i’m half way there.

No idea about the mouse click.. i’m a novice!

#127506
Apr 20, 2008 at 10:15pm

use $1 and $2 to use variable values in a message… (then send a list with
x and y to the message)

2008/4/21, Graham Thorne :
>
>
> Its working… Realized I disabled my mouse and had to force quit! haha
> stupid me!
>
> How can I send a variable value into a message box though? Currently I am
> just typing values in… so i’m half way there.
>
> No idea about the mouse click.. i’m a novice!
>
> –
> http://www.grahamthorne.co.uk
>

#127507
May 5, 2008 at 1:49am

So… any idea on how to simulate a click ?

#127508
Feb 28, 2010 at 5:10pm

bump?

#127509
Feb 28, 2010 at 5:58pm
#127510
Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04pm

cheers for that pal. however…….. don’t suppose you happen to know of a windows equivalent?

#127511
Feb 28, 2010 at 6:07pm

apologies – mis-read!
java’s cool

#127512

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.