Forums > MaxMSP

mouse "simulation"

March 31, 2009 | 8:47 pm

hello everyone,
does anybody know if there is a method of simulating the actions of a pc mouse in max? actually the question is if i can simulate a "click and drag" action in max 5 without a mouse!!!
thanx in advance.

March 31, 2009 | 9:34 pm

Please specify your question. Do you want some other kind of user input (like the keyboard) to control mouse movement? What do you want to click and drag; something in Max or outside?

March 31, 2009 | 10:54 pm

What do you mean by "simulation"? You can get max to move the mouse pointer using a message like this "; max pupdate 400 300" which might be useful to you.

lh

March 31, 2009 | 11:01 pm

yes, please specify exactly what it is you want to do. makes it easier for us to reply with if you can do it or not ;)

March 31, 2009 | 11:12 pm
Korax_ole wrote on Tue, 31 March 2009 15:47
hello everyone,
does anybody know if there is a method of simulating the actions of a pc mouse in max? actually the question is if i can simulate a "click and drag" action in max 5 without a mouse!!!
thanx in advance.

You might look at this thread which uses java within Max to simulate clicks, drags, etc. Can’t do a click with ordinary Max objects AFAIK; on Mac there’s aka.mouse objects to do this, or there’s this thread with a bit of java to do it. also as said, there’s ; max pupdate to move the mouse.

The [key] object will only respond if a max window is the active one (active app). However, the java one will work with any app active, as will using [hi] if your keyboard is seen by the object. Look into the [hi] help file to go that route.

here’s the java one which does pretty much everything. You really need to be sure everything you’re working on is saved before you set metros and things to move and click automatically, you can wind up doing some unexpected things (and by that I mean bad things). Also if you send keystrokes, that’s fine and interesting to try, just don’t hold the control-key down while it’s going Smile

look for the "autobot.zip" file way at the bottom.

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=165388&rid=0&srch=mouse+unreal+tournament#msg_165388

April 1, 2009 | 1:27 pm

sorry that i didnt post something more specific. thanx for your trumble i thing i got my answer from thereishopeforus@hotmail.com. thank you very much. next time i will be more specific Smile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)