Mouse voice

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:21am

Mouse voice

Hi

Would you know an ABLETON LIVE FX, or a M4L device that would allow me to get a voice style like a mouse voice in cartoons (without falling into exaggeration)?

Thanks so much
Best regards
Denis

Sep 18, 2013 at 11:38am

…why not just record the audio and pitch it up? That’s what the studios have been doing for more than half a century. Do you need it to happen in realtime? If so, then a pitchshifter is in order – maxforlive.com has a few – both under “pitch shifter” and “pitchshifter”, for some reason.

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:02pm

Hi WETTERBERG
Thanks so much for answering

I need to do it in realtime indeed.
So I’m going to look for a pitch shifter in maxforlive.com ; thank you ;-)
By the way (sorry, I’m a begginer)… in which folder placing M4L devices (I have a Mac Book and Snow Leopard, Max 5 and LIVE 8) ???

And…. which object can I use in Max to create a pitch shifter ? —> gizmo ? Anything else ?

Best regards
Denis

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:41am

Real Mickey Mousing (it’s actually called that) is a time-based effect, so you’ll probably get more authentic results using the classic delay line method than you would with gizmo.
Have a look at http://msp.ucsd.edu/techniques/latest/book-html/node125.html which shows a PD version, which is pretty straightforward to translate into Max – just substitute a tapin-tapout pair for vd~ and a pong~ for wrap~,
Cheers
Roger

Sep 20, 2013 at 3:43am

And Sam Tarakajian (among others) has shown how to implement this in Max:

(feels like I post this link every month!!)

Brendan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.