mousefilter or mousestate alternative that works in Ableton Live?

Jan 4, 2014 at 10:14am

mousefilter or mousestate alternative that works in Ableton Live?

Hi folks,

I’m working on a patch that needs to know the mouse button status, but when it’s anywhere within Live (not necessarily within Max).

As far as I can tell, mousefilter and mousestate only work if the Max device itself has focus. I’m curious if anyone else has solved this issue.

Thanks,
Dennis

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:10pm

Actually, thinking about it more, I’d be happy with a solution that works anywhere, as long as it’s not restricted to being in a Max window. It doesn’t need to be within Live.

Basically, I just need to know the mouse button state, regardless of where the mouse is.

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:21pm

Check out the hi object. I can’t promise that it works in Live (haven’t used Max4Live for a while on this computer, so I’m not sure if I have it setup right now).

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:54am

Hi Roth,

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that, but it has a couple of its own issues:

- on Windows machines, the mouse isn’t seen by [hi] (as far as I can tell)
- (ideally) it should work without configuration, for any user, using any mouse or trackpad.

Jan 6, 2014 at 8:57am

Hmm, I only use Windows for some development/web work when I can’t use OS X or another *nix so sorry, don’t have any other suggestions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.