MoveToIntel. ClassLoader issues

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:40am

MoveToIntel. ClassLoader issues

Anyone have any cluee as to what this might be about? it came up after I moved to my new MacBook Pro. I’ve tried it with my files located everwhere in relation to the max file. Before the move, they were located in a “classes” folder which was in the same directory as my max file.

? error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: MultiTouchGuiSlider (wrong name: mat/multitouch/MultiTouchGuiSlider)
? error: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
? error: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
? error: at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.doLoadClass(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:119)
? error: at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoader.loadClazz(MXJClassLoader.java:88)
? error: Could not load class ‘MultiTouchGuiSlider’

#32437
Jun 13, 2007 at 7:03am

On 13 juin 07, at 03:40, Matthew Aidekman wrote:

> Anyone have any cluee as to what this might be about? it came up
> after I moved to my new MacBook Pro. I’ve tried it with my files
> located everwhere in relation to the max file. Before the move,
> they were located in a “classes” folder which was in the same
> directory as my max file.

If you have the following structure, it should work:
./yourMaxPatch.mxb
./mat/multitouch/MultiTouchGuiSlider.class

and in your patch you have an object [mxj
mat.multitouch.MultiTouchGuiSlider]

Is that what you’re doing?
ej

#106690
Jun 13, 2007 at 4:12pm

EJ: Is that what you’re doing?

Well now it is!

what I did have was.
./mypatch.mxb
./class/MultiTouchGuiSlider.class

STUPENDOUS! I wonder why that structure worked before but not now. ej you are absolutely amazing.

#106691
Jun 13, 2007 at 5:07pm

> ej you are absolutely amazing.

true, he is amazing. you should see him do the macarena.

#106692
Jun 13, 2007 at 5:40pm

yeah. i don’t know why that was working before. it was possible that
it was
finding it in the search path. you always need to put your classes in
the right package structure.
t

On Jun 13, 2007, at 09:12 AM, Matthew Aidekman wrote:

>
> EJ: Is that what you’re doing?
>
>
> Well now it is!
>
> what I did have was.
> ./mypatch.mxb
> ./class/MultiTouchGuiSlider.class
>
>
> STUPENDOUS! I wonder why that structure worked before but not
> now. ej you are absolutely amazing.

#106693
Jun 13, 2007 at 6:44pm

On 13 juin 07, at 19:07, Ben Nevile wrote:

>> true, he is amazing. you should see him do the macarena.

True, but you wasn’t bad either ;-)

ej

#106694
Apr 3, 2010 at 6:40pm

I had a very similar problem, here is what needs to happen, in more general terms.

1. Max patch must be EXACTLY one level above wherever the .class file is. Let’s say you have a “TopLevelFolder”. Inside that is your Max patch and a folder called “BottomLevelFolder,” which contains your NameOfTheClass.class file.

2. In the patch, you must use [mxj BottomLevelFolder.NameOfTheClass]. Do not leave out the “BottomLevelFolder.” part.

#106695

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.