Movie error messages…

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:46am

Movie error messages…

Hey I am a MaxMSP newbie so there is a high chance that I am just being stupid…but I was wondering if anyone could lend me a helping hand…

In my current project I am trying to stream internet radio on my patch using a quicktime .mov file played by a movie object. To my surprise, it actually works! The problem is though…this error message keeps popping up on the Max window every time I open my patch:

movie: can’t find file smoothjazz.mov

- smoothjazz.mov being the file that streams the internet radio.

well, if it can stream the radio, then it obviously can find it, so I have no idea how that error message came about…In my attempt to get rid of it, I have placed the .mov file in just about every file along MaxMSP’s search path…..including the folder that holds the MaxMSP app…and that did nothing.

Under normal circumstances, I would just ignore it..this project is however part of my exam, and I have been told that any error messages on the Max window will gain me an instant fail – how should I get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!!
Maggie xoxo

Mar 8, 2008 at 6:25am

I used streaming internet radio before, but with a different approach. I used Soundflower to reroute the stream from iTunes to Max/MSP. Not sure if this is applicable to your case though. Just a thought.
Good luck.

Quote: magmallow wrote on Fri, 07 March 2008 17:46
—————————————————-
> Hey I am a MaxMSP newbie so there is a high chance that I am just being stupid…but I was wondering if anyone could lend me a helping hand…
>
> In my current project I am trying to stream internet radio on my patch using a quicktime .mov file played by a movie object. To my surprise, it actually works! The problem is though…this error message keeps popping up on the Max window every time I open my patch:
>
> movie: can’t find file smoothjazz.mov
>
> – smoothjazz.mov being the file that streams the internet radio.
>
> well, if it can stream the radio, then it obviously can find it, so I have no idea how that error message came about…In my attempt to get rid of it, I have placed the .mov file in just about every file along MaxMSP’s search path…..including the folder that holds the MaxMSP app…and that did nothing.
>
>
> Under normal circumstances, I would just ignore it..this project is however part of my exam, and I have been told that any error messages on the Max window will gain me an instant fail – how should I get rid of it?
>
> Thanks a lot!!
> Maggie xoxo
—————————————————-

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:06am

Lol it turns out the .mov file was in the wrong codec…silly me!…Everything works now!! Thanks a lot!! Mxoxo

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.