MSP stops working when using 2 objects

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:39am

MSP stops working when using 2 objects

Hello MaxMSP members,
I’m quite new to this forum but after some long search, I still didn’t find anything that has to do with the problem I’m having with MaxMSP.

When I make a cycle~ object, lets say “cycle~ 440″ and connect it to an ezdac object, a tone starts playing. So far so good right? But when I create (not even connecting) another object, say, scope~, MSP just stops working. There’s no error in the max window, but it just doesn’t work until I restart Max. And when I do, it just works until I connect another object.
Does anyone of you guys know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:48am

Hi and welcome,
the usual response to this type of problem is to enquire about your authorisation of Max/MSP; are you using the demo version or the full Max/MSP/Jitter package?

Constantly having to restart Max to re-initialize audio sounds like an authorisation issue.

Brendan

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:49am

I’m using the demo package right now, could it have to do something with that?

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:10pm

Is your system clock set correctly? The only time I’ve seen this kind of thing was quite afew years back, and related to incorrectly set system clocks….

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:16pm

As n00b_meister mentioned it sounds like an authorization issue. Please contact support directly, they will get you sorted out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.