multiple different preset objects on the UI using pattrstorage @subscribemode 1

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:18pm

multiple different preset objects on the UI using pattrstorage @subscribemode 1

Good Evening to all Max Magicians.

I am building a M4L patch that allows me to store different LED colors for the individual buttons on a Livid controller, on the 4 different banks it has. Hence I am looking to store presets for four different banks of the controller.

The current problem is linked with the subscribemode of the [pattrstorage] objects and its related [preset] objects. I have combed through threads here already.

I have come round to use 4 identical bpatchers for the 4 banks, with 81 identical bpatchers hosting all 81 buttons β€” so every button (with its MIDI assignment) can store its 3 LED settings using 3 different [pattr] objects. We’re basically talking about 1 bpatcher with its 81 bpatchers inside x 4.
The bank bpatcher has no [autopattr] or [pattrstorage] objects, it just contains the button patchers.

One [pattrstorage] object is able to access all the LED settings in the child patchers as well as several other [pattr] objects in the main UI β€” if it is set to ‘@subscribemode 0′. Logically, setting all [pattrstorage] objects to @subscribemode 1, removes all clients from their subscriptionlists for them to be manually subscribed to individual [pattrstorage] objects β€” if there is no other pattrstorage in the patch with automatic subscription.. This however, fails β€” the client windows remain vacant.

I have sent

1. msg: ‘send pattrstorage subscribemode 0′ β€”> [universal] (no pattrstorage in bpatchers)
2. msg: ‘send pattrstorage subscribemode 1′ β€”> [universal]
3. msg: ‘subscribe [bpatcher 1 scripting name]‘ β€”> [pattrstorage 1] (it has worked before)
4. msg: ‘subscribe [bpatcher 2 scripting name]‘ β€”> [pattrstorage 2] etc.

the client windows are empty though, and printing all subscription lists reveals the [pattrstorage] objects are apparently linked to the desired clients. Other [pattrstorage] objects keep their clients, !! but their presets won’t save !! (‘Save Preset in Patcher’ is of course ticked).

Perhaps things have got too messy with adding, removing, changing pattrstorages and presets when testing the best methods (I came up with the weirdest work arounds in the meantime)… Ableton and Max have both crashed and broken patches during saving ever so often, it’s unbearable.

β€”> is there a way to clean up the entire pattrstorage assignments? (I have sent ‘purge’ to all relevant objects individually, no change)

What’s more, whenever I save the patch I am prompted to open… something β€” but I don’t know what to open nor why to open it. This is all really bizarre, and I need my presets to work before I can do anything with the buttons!

Sorry for this mega text, I hope someone actually read it and is able to help.

Best & thanks everyone!
S

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.