Multiple files in search path after install.

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:57pm

Multiple files in search path after install.

Hello. I seem to have multiple same name files in my search path after installing max for live and 5.1. Both seem to be in the max folder – one in patches/doc, and the other in c74/docs.

Which one should I delete? looks sort of like this (plus many more)

Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name jit.openexr.maxref.xml
using this file: Catland:/Applications/Max5/patches/docs/refpages/jit-ref/jit.openexr.maxref.xml
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name outlet.maxref.xml
using this file: Catland:/Applications/Max5/patches/docs/refpages/max-ref/outlet.maxref.xml
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name buffer~.maxref.xml
using this file: Catland:/Applications/Max5/patches/docs/refpages/msp-ref/buffer~.maxref.xml
Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name receive.maxref.xml

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:52pm

Had the samen here. I figured that with 5.1 the folder structure has changed. I trashed the Max folder and re-installed.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:59pm

Ah I see! Yes, I only updated, so assumedly it kept the other folders intact. I will do the same, no reason not to. Thanks for verifying!

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:28pm

The docs in the “patches” folder are the ones you want to keep. Apply introduced a Bug in OS 10.6 that makes the old location (C74) not work properly because of the apostrophe in the path.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:12pm

Ah! Very good to know. Cheers Tim!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.