multiple instances in m4l

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:23pm

multiple instances in m4l

Please forgive me if this has already been addressed, a short search revealed nothing though it seems like a fairly common question… Anyway,

I am creating a waveshaping distortion M4L audio effect using wave~ with a function to draw into a buffer, and having a few problems:

First, when multiple instances are introduced within the same song, a change in one buffer results in a change in the other. I thought the prefixes — or #0 were used to get around this but I’m having no luck there.

Second, the settings are not being saved correctly either. I’ve set up pattr objects for each object whose setting I want to recall, as well as a general pattrstorage for the patch, and I’ve tried to name these as well with — or #0 to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? Your feedback is appreciated!!

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:08pm

laotze, make sure you have “@greedy 1″ added to the master pattrstorage to get all the subpachers / bpatchers contents.

— is for subpatches, #0 for bpatchers, as you say correctly, so that part should work, just make sure you prefix those two, not postfix.

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:49pm

Thanks, emanuel. Now my problem seems to be getting function to remember its previous state. Pattr is working for the other parameters. Why not for function?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.