Forums > Max For Live

multiple message error – m4l

January 29, 2012 | 1:54 pm

Bonjour, I'm trying to find the answer next multiple error messaage with M4l – FYI I'm on Ableton 8.2.7 and I'm using max5 Runtime on MacOSX 10.6. In my ableton set I'm using a lot of max synth, seq, effect. I'm also working with monome64 but now no communication between us (I'm using the monome in parallel). My question is to find why I have these errors and in the same time to be able to "clean" my installations. My historic is first ableton after monome and at the end I upgraded in M4L. I'm a beginner in Max and I try to understand slowly but surely some logics …Today I updgraded from Max5 to Max6 Runtime to use one patch with my monome (no M4L) without success ( no light – no communication). I'm thinking to find thanks general answers or thanks the message error in Ableton the way to be safe in the Jungle ^^ …if I'm not mistaken – Ah and sorry as my english is so — mhmm — bad.
In advance thank you for your attention!

[attachment=183740,3268]

Attachments:
  1. Erreur.jpg

January 30, 2012 | 9:32 am

i think you have to clarify your question, yes this is bad english, not that mine is perfect but you could try to create 1-2 sentences with a clear question. do you want to understand the error messages in the max window?

January 30, 2012 | 10:59 am

Well from the Max window I can see that you have spelled quantize incorrectly.

You seem to have the same file twice in your Max search path – once in the max-externals folder and again someplace else.

Also you are sending a SET message to a umenu but you are trying to set it to something the umenu doesn’t understand.

- Spell quantize correctly in your metro, delete duplicate file in you max search, read up on using the set message with umenu.

Hope this is what you mean.

January 30, 2012 | 11:11 am

I agree with you – not clear at all – So, on one side I would like to know how I could go ahead with this error (to understsand and to know how to act) and on the other I hope from the understanding to be well-informed about how the machine decide between M4L < -> Maxruntime < -> Monome (if I use it oustide or inside M4l – In all the case and again merci et à bientô 11olsen!

January 30, 2012 | 11:21 am

Hello grizzle – - very interesting!

"You seem to have the same file twice in your Max search path – once in the max-externals folder and again someplace else"

How does it work? I know that I have only one external folder Max5runtime/Cycling74/exter and now M4L folders in Ableton. Do you mean the conflict could be there? Or what would be the best way to cancel this trouble?

"Spell quantize correctly in your metro, delete duplicate file in you max search, read up on using the set message with umenu"

How delete the duplicate file in my max search?
Thank you!

January 30, 2012 | 11:39 am

in max or m4l goto file preferences, all folders you see there, are in the max search path (including subfolders).
search on your computer for round.mxo. you’ll find instances of the file that are not located in max/externals/.. move them out of the search path or delete them.

that can happen when you unfreeze a m4l device, all externals in the device are extracted and saved to a folder inside the search path.

actually this is just a warning not an error because it does not keep your device from working.
bye
O.

January 30, 2012 | 3:39 pm

excellent thank you for this explanation and….your patience ^^
I’ll act now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)