Forums > Jitter

Multiple simultaneous render

baz
March 21, 2007 | 10:09 pm

Hey list,
I am trying to render to both the hardware accelerated jit.window and a 2d matrix at the same time. I can create the same content for both (almost), but since I am using rand nurbs they are still not going to be the same. Plus this makes everything sllloooowwww down. Don’t suppose there’s any way to render to two destinations at the same time?
My solution so far, which is kinda dumb, is to use a video camera trained on the projection.
What I am doing is using 3D environments as sonic environments. I am sure there are many others out there doing similar stuff. If you can share some details of your work, I’d be overjoyed. One thing I stumbled across the other day can be found here:

http://portal.ecu.edu.au/adt-public/adt-ECU2006.0037.html

This guy uses Jitter to display wave terrain stuff. This is his MA thesis, which makes me think those Aussies must have gotten a lot smarter since I left.

B

March 21, 2007 | 10:18 pm

Rendering to a matrix is always going to be slow because its using
software to do the rendering. I would recommend rendering to 1
context (jit.window) and rendering that to a texture. If you need it
back as a matrix, you can copy the texture to a matrix using
jit.gl.slab.

wes

On 3/21/07, Barry Moon wrote:
>
> Hey list,
> I am trying to render to both the hardware accelerated jit.window and a 2d matrix at the same time. I can create the same content for both (almost), but since I am using rand nurbs they are still not going to be the same. Plus this makes everything sllloooowwww down. Don’t suppose there’s any way to render to two destinations at the same time?
> My solution so far, which is kinda dumb, is to use a video camera trained on the projection.
> What I am doing is using 3D environments as sonic environments. I am sure there are many others out there doing similar stuff. If you can share some details of your work, I’d be overjoyed. One thing I stumbled across the other day can be found here:
>
> http://portal.ecu.edu.au/adt-public/adt-ECU2006.0037.html
>
> This guy uses Jitter to display wave terrain stuff. This is his MA thesis, which makes me think those Aussies must have gotten a lot smarter since I left.
>
> B
>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)