Forums > Jitter

multiple video inputs

July 13, 2011 | 7:30 pm

i have a project in max that reads reactivision codes x and y and i need to place an image in that place. now i have some problems. i am using jit.gl.slab for multiple video inputs to output more images, but they are masking each other.

so i have a question, how can i get multiple inputs in one window without masking?

Ed
July 13, 2011 | 9:58 pm

If you’re trying to display multiple videos in the same window without blending them together, try using multiple videoplane objects.

For the background image, use:
[jit.gl.videoplane test @blend_enable 1 depth_enable 0 @transform_reset 2 @layer 1]

For each foreground video, use:
[jit.gl.videoplane test @blend_enable 1 @depth_enable 0 @scale 0.5 0.5 0.5 @layer 2]

You can use scale and position messages to change the size and location.

There’s example code in this thread http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=33948

July 14, 2011 | 11:17 am

Thank you, it’s working, but now i have another problem, in the background i have live input from dv camera via firewire and on the foreground i have 2 images following the reactivision code. the problem is, max is crashing after a minute when i’m starting to interact with codes.

Attachments:
  1. check.maxpat

Ed
July 14, 2011 | 7:17 pm

I’m afraid I can’t run your patch as I don’t have reactivision installed. Looking at the code, though, I would change the metro objects to qmetro and check that the DV firewire drivers are up to date.

July 15, 2011 | 3:03 pm

i am using mac os, so there is no drivers for sony hdr-hc9e. i changed the metro to qmetro, but it is still crashing. i guess max doesn’t like the live stream input.

Ed
July 15, 2011 | 5:42 pm

Does it crash without a camera installed or if you use a USB web cam?

July 15, 2011 | 8:25 pm

if i am using isight (internal webcam) it is still crashing, i think there is a problem with the ractivision part, because it is not crashing while i am not interacting with reactivision codes. so now i am searching for better solution or else.. i wil hope for the best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)