Forums > MaxMSP

Multiple x/y coordinates for generating multiple envelopes in the Function obj.

February 3, 2013 | 5:01 am

Hi everyone,
I’ve been trying to find some way to load a list of x/y values into the function object so that I can have a wide variety of envelopes.
The thing is: it’s for fully serialist piece, which means that x and y are very precise and specific for each envelope on each group of frequencies.
In order to minimize de processing, I’m trying use as few wave generators and function objects as possible, synchronizing it via Counter, which should bang and load these values for the envelopes into the function objects in a specific time, replacing the previous one.
Bellow is a simple patch I made to show what the problem is: I can’t find a way to make that cartesian message became an envelope drawing

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

February 3, 2013 | 5:59 pm

Hi,
you talk about what it’s for, but it seems you’re missing some essentials about how [function] operates.
If you send it an integer it’ll see it as a call-response situation; a y for an x. if you send it a list of three or more members it’ll *rearrange already existing points in [function] to fit those points.
If you just send it just a pair of values it *will* map them like you want it. This means that if you iterate through the lists you’re sending in it *will* work.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)