Forums > Java

mxj Crash with AXIOM

June 22, 2007 | 2:59 pm

I am developing a PC running windows XP, and Max v4.6.1. I am trying to build a SOAP client in MXJ using Apache libraries. My problem is when I try to include the Apache AXIOM libraries for communication, the "mxj.mxe" causes a fault. This then crashes max.exe to desktop. The specific jar files that cause the crash are:

axiom-api-1.2.4.jar
activation-1.1.jar
axiom-impl-1.2.4.jar
annogen-0.1.0.jar
axiom-dom-1.2.4.jar

When any of these files are in the ‘…programs…MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javalib" folder I get this error. The strange thing is I don’t even need to reference these jar files in any way to cause the crash. As soon as I try "mxj quickie test" (where test does not yet exist) the crash occurs as long as any of the above files are in the respective lib folder.

I have already tried this with no joy:
http://cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/FAQs/WindowsJavaCrash (in fact, the Xms was already set to 64)

I have a heap of other Apache *.jar files in the /lib folder that aren’t causing any problems. Not sure where to go from here

June 22, 2007 | 9:41 pm

Hi Marcus,

I don’t know either. Please send me the files that are causing the
crash in a separate email and I’ll file it in the bug database and
investigate when I’ve got the time.

Ben

On 6/22/07, Marcus wrote:
>
> I am developing a PC running windows XP, and Max v4.6.1. I am trying to build a SOAP client in MXJ using Apache libraries. My problem is when I try to include the Apache AXIOM libraries for communication, the "mxj.mxe" causes a fault. This then crashes max.exe to desktop. The specific jar files that cause the crash are:
>
> axiom-api-1.2.4.jar
> activation-1.1.jar
> axiom-impl-1.2.4.jar
> annogen-0.1.0.jar
> axiom-dom-1.2.4.jar
>
> When any of these files are in the ‘…programs…MaxMSP 4.6Cycling ’74javalib" folder I get this error. The strange thing is I don’t even need to reference these jar files in any way to cause the crash. As soon as I try "mxj quickie test" (where test does not yet exist) the crash occurs as long as any of the above files are in the respective lib folder.
>
> I have already tried this with no joy:
> http://cycling74.com/twiki/bin/view/FAQs/WindowsJavaCrash (in fact, the Xms was already set to 64)
>
> I have a heap of other Apache *.jar files in the /lib folder that aren’t causing any problems. Not sure where to go from here
>

June 25, 2007 | 12:15 pm

Well,

It seems that it is not those specific libraries that is causing the crash, but rather the number of libraries installed. If I have 50 or over .jar files in the /lib folder, I get this strange crash (49 .jar files works fine :S). Is there any way of increasing this maximum limit of libraries that I am hoping is set somewhere… in a text file would be nice?

Marcus/Spankey

June 25, 2007 | 4:55 pm

I think it is probably the length of the classpath string.it is probably
limited at 2 or 4 k and needs to be realloced.oops!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)