Forums > Java

mxj [quickie] not working — for a certain file

January 30, 2010 | 9:21 pm

Hi,

[quickie] works fine to open an existing .java file, called Storage.java. However, if I make a copy of that file, called StorageCopy.java, put it in the same folder, and try to use [quickie] to open the copy, I get a slew of recursion errors to the Max window, and then either nothing happens or Max crashes. The same problem happens whenever I try to create a new file from scratch, by giving [quickie] the name of a file that does not exist.

Following are the errors I get. Any ideas? Does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks,
Jeff

Warning: you have multiple files in your search path with the name slider.svg
using this file: Macintosh HD:/Users/dopethatwantscash/Documents/MINE/music/_to file/writing C externals for Max/MaxSDK-5.1.1/examples/jslider/slider.svg
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:203)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.
(ZipFile.java:234)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.loadJarData(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:432)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.look_for_class_recursive(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:273)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.look_for_class_recursive(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:290)

[... the above line appears a few hundred times ...]

at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.look_for_class_recursive(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:290)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.lookupClassData(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:192)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.doLoadClass(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:111)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoader.loadClazz(MXJClassLoader.java:88)
at quickie._get_class(quickie.java:46)
at quickie.bang(quickie.java:73)

January 30, 2010 | 11:28 pm

Hi,

A year ago, someone named Danny seemed to have a similar problem:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=13080
While the error I’m getting is similar, I can’t apply any of the advice he got to what I’m doing. He was building in a separate IDE, and so there’s a lot of talk about moving various library files to his /Contents/java/lib folder. There’s no such folder for me, because I’m just using [quickie].

Any help will be very much appreciated,
Jeff

January 31, 2010 | 12:21 am

Also, in case it’s relevant, (1) I recently installed Max for Live and XCode, and (2)
when I start [quickie] the following prints to the Max window:

MXJ System CLASSPATH:
/Applications/Max5/Cycling ’74/java/lib/jitter.jar
/Applications/Max5/Cycling ’74/java/lib/jode-1.1.2-pre-embedded.jar
/Applications/Max5/Cycling ’74/java/lib/max.jar
MXJClassloader CLASSPATH:
/Applications/Max5/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
Jitter 1.7.0 installed
Jitter Java support installed

January 31, 2010 | 4:55 pm

I reinstalled. The problem seems to have gone away. Thanks for whatever help may have been forthcoming :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)