Forums > MaxMSP

My big max-patch breaks jweb and crashes on close.

EMV
April 1, 2010 | 1:46 pm

Hi there,

I have a complex patch that:
- uses jweb to communicate with an asp- webpage with javascript (site to max is done using "maxmessage", max to site is done using POST-vars);
- autoresizes the main window on startup if the size is not what it should be (using a message to thispatcher);
- does some of other things including reading external wave files, external text files, uses the mxj loadbang.sql object to do built-in database stuff and uses some simple javascript. No jitter.

Two problems occur: the communication with the website works fine if tested in a separate patch, but in the main patch the jweb-object shows no web page. Not even http://www.google.com .
The jweb output keeps spitting out the following message (flooding the Max window if I print to it, even if I send the url to the jweb object only once):

error The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -999.)

The other problem: on Mac OS X (both 10.5 and 10.6), Max crashes when I try to close the patch, but only if it had resized the window upon loading the patch.
Surprisingly, on windows XP, it doesn’t crash at all. Both platforms use Max/MSP 5.1.3.

The patch is too big and complex to post in its entirety, otherwise I would have done it. But here is the auto-resizing bit:

`

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

And a tiny bit from the crash-log:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x000000000000002e
Crashed Thread: 0 Java: AWT-AppKit Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

I’m using Java 1.5.something. Updated last month.

Any insights? I believe at least the jweb-stuff worked fine on a previous version of Max (5.1.2 or below).

EMV
April 5, 2010 | 2:08 pm

Ok, funnily enough the jweb-breaking issue just went away. It occasionally spits out the NSURLErrorDomain error, but at least the pages keep getting loaded.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)