Navigating within the frame of very large video files

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:36am

Navigating within the frame of very large video files

Hello everyone. I’ve arrived at the possibility of using Jitter for something I’m working on but have little experience with it. I’m working on something that involves footage created from scanned images. This presents the possibility of working with (and within) very high resolution video. In the past I’ve created simple performance patches using this material by creating SD video frames and having Jitter feed from a folder of them. What I would ideally like to do is either create video of the full scan frame and be able to pan/zoom around the frame in real time using Jitter or do something similar with jitter reading the original JPEGs one by one. I fear that this would be to much of an intensive task – if this is the case I’ll go back to my original idea of using Processing to pre-render a bunch of clips. Any ideas and advice are most welcome. Thanks – James

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:04pm

your best bet is to upload the still to the graphics card, and use something like jit.gl.videoplane to display and navigate with.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.