Need a simple program- will compensate

Apr 15, 2009 at 9:57pm

Need a simple program- will compensate

Scenario:
Helping to “enhance” a 19 piece orchestra.
I have 40 or so instruments in a bank in Kontakt 3 stand-alone player in a Macbook Pro. Each patch has an unique number 1 thru 40. During a 2 hour performance I need to access these instruments in a specific order, but not in sequence. For example, the first song moves from Instrument 1 to Instrument 2 to Instrument 3 back to Instrument 1 to instrument 6 back to instrument 2, and so on…
I want to use a footswitch and midi controller to send program up commands to Kontakt, so that the keyboardist only needs to click his/her way through the show. I would also like to be able to footswitch down if an error is made, and also be able to punch a specific number if the player really messes up. Can someone help me with this?
I will compensate.

thanks,
billy

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:17pm

Sounds like a MIDI foot controller could do the job. Don’t think you need Max for that.
J-F.

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:19pm

here is the incrementing/decrementing part of what you need. one way of doing it anyway…

hope this is helpful.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Apr 16, 2009 at 6:24pm

I need to change routing of commands. My controller keyboard moves Program Change commands in increments of 1 (from 1-127). My Kontakt has 40 or sounds in a bank each having a number of 1-40 that responds to Program change commands. I need to create a way to program a sequence of sounds in Kontakt (i.e sound 1 then 2 then 4 then 2 then 5 then 6 then 2 then 40 then 31 then 24 then….). I just want to hit to foot switch on the controller and have these sounds occur in the order I want. Make sense??

thanks!
billy

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:27pm

I need to also be able to input changes to the sequence of sound changes, right up until the day of the performane. Is there a way to make a patch that I can easily get into and change sequence around?

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:38pm

Have a look at [coll] you can load in a text file of data and either edit that or use the “insert” and/or “delete” messages.

lh

Apr 17, 2009 at 1:48am

Hi,

Max is great and wonderful but you might want to have a look at Bidule as a host environment for Kontakt and your special mapping needs. It does all sorts of splitting and remapping, has a simple and easy modular interface and lots of other good stuff.
best
B

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:24am

hmmmm It seems to me like this would the kind of thing that max would be perfect for. I’m not sure about bidule but I don’t know why people on the Max forum would turn away a project like this.

I’d help but I’m extremely busy at them moment.

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:06am
scranium wrote on Thu, 16 April 2009 13:27
I need to also be able to input changes to the sequence of sound changes, right up until the day of the performane. Is there a way to make a patch that I can easily get into and change sequence around?

as mentioned, [coll] will work fine. just have the indices in order from 1 to 40, then the data (which is just a single number, your program number) is afterwards:

1,1;
2,2;
3,8;
4,18;
40,5;

as you wish.

You can also use number boxes with your program numbers and a [preset] for them all. The footswitch just increments a [counter] from 1 to 40, then use a [sel] object on your counter number to bang them out in order, and each number box has whatever program number you want. the only issue is that you’d need 40 number boxes and your [sel] would actually be [sel 1 2 3 4 5 6 ..... 40]. Kind of messy but you only need to do it once (Max Toolbox, anyone?). The advantage is that you can select different entire banks of sound ordering with a click (via the [preset]), though you can also do this with multiple [coll] files too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.