Forums > MaxMSP

Need help

May 22, 2012 | 12:40 pm

Hello everybody, I am new here but I possess an issue of which I would greatly appreciate some help with. I am working in Max MSP, I am not sure which exact version, but basically I need to know how to make it so that when one of my audio events are triggered, it triggers a counter, but causes the counter to jump by 3 instead of 1 and without triggering any of the integers in between?

I have attached a screenshot of the portion of my patch that I need assistance on, and in reference to the photo, I need the left column of triggers to cause the counter to increase by 3, and I need the right column to decrease by -2.

[attachment=194434,3916]

Attachments:
  1. Screenshot20120522at8.36.56AM.png

May 22, 2012 | 1:06 pm

If need be, I can post the patch itself if that will help come to a solution.

May 22, 2012 | 1:16 pm

As a start, to increment in 3s you could multiply counter’s output by 3 or alternately use an [Uzi 3] before the counter to increment the counter 3 times each time a bang is received. No doubt there are also more elegant ways to work this out depending on what you are trying to achieve at the end…

May 22, 2012 | 1:23 pm

Think about it like its Mortal Kombat because that is basically what I am trying to do. If the left side wins the first round, it will play an audio file then "bang when done playing" the "2nd round, FIGHT!" and so on.. I then ran into my initial problem of what happens when the right side wins? So I figured out that when the left side wins, it bangs the counter up by 3, and when the right side wins, it decreases the counter by 2 so that the numbers you see in my "sel" box are unique and are going to be assigned to certain audio files. Like i said, I can post a bigger portion of my patch than what is shown in the screenshot, if you would like to mess around inside and possibly come up with a better solution?

May 22, 2012 | 2:17 pm

How would I incorporate it into this? So that the left column adds 3, the right column subtracts 2, and no integers in between will be triggered?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)