Forums > MaxMSP

Need help connecting Keyboard synth to trigger Videos!

February 10, 2011 | 1:16 am

Hi, so I’ve just been learning Max for the first time in the last week and am trying to use it for video use in a performance and am at a loss for where to start really..

Anyways, I have a 61 key Roland synthesizer with 6 knobs to change LFO, Envelope and Filter, and would like to use 1, the keys of the keyboard to trigger some videos, and 2, the knobs to alter the videos im triggering, ie brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.

I have a MIDI to USB converter that i finally got working with the keyboard into the computer, so now its just a matter of finding the right objects to implement. Any pointers you could offer would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

February 10, 2011 | 5:56 am

Look at the MIDI In object and it’s help file. It’s just a matter of getting messages from the appropriate keys and having them trigger what you want. I’m not at my computer otherwise I’d give more specific advice.
It’s pretty straight forward though.

-Briggan

February 11, 2011 | 2:24 am

Actually, better is the Notein object. Here is a little something. I hope that it helps at least give you a start
in the direction of learning how you can map keys and controllers to parameters.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

-Briggan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)