Forums > Jitter

need help to save video files automatically

September 2, 2006 | 4:09 pm

I need to save video frames automatically from a jit.qt.grab. I need to give them names and save to disk automatically. I made a shooter that makes the photo when someone is in front of the camera and now i need to save every fotos with different names into a folder. Allways automatically…

Please help

Peace!

th
September 2, 2006 | 6:15 pm

hi
jit.qt.grab has exportimage message. you can for example program random name generator and save pics like this – they all will have random names. I used it because jit.qt.record doesn’t rewrite files with same name.. maybe I did something wrong…

th jansen

September 2, 2006 | 6:20 pm

i already find a way to give consecutive numbers to the files, using sprintf object. this is the patch, but i don?t know how to change the destination folder of the files. they goes to the max help folder (default folder).

th
September 2, 2006 | 6:27 pm

they should go to the folder where patch is saved..

September 2, 2006 | 7:10 pm

i don?t know way but exportimage saves the files into the max help folder. I wish to change the destination folder of this files, was great the same folder where the patch is saved. Know how?

thanks TH

th
September 2, 2006 | 7:38 pm

hm
max help folder was maybe ’cause you copied your patch from grab help? ;)

I think if you will save the patch to the desktop(for example) the files should follow the white rabbit.. ;)

September 2, 2006 | 7:45 pm

Oh yeeees! i have saved the patch into the desktop and… bingo! i feel a bit stupid, but i don?t understand because i wrought all the patch, may be some little helps that i took from that friendly folder (max help) :-) jajaja

big thank HT

September 2, 2006 | 11:04 pm

September 2, 2006 | 11:25 pm

September 7, 2006 | 2:00 am

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)