Forums > Jitter

need help with gl texture feedback

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 3:58 pm

first time i m gonna post a patch of mine and ask people to dig in. i m really stuck on this one…

in the patch feedback is faked by the render object’s erase_color with alpha = 0. i m trying to replicate it using texture feedback so the output is rendered on a videoplane. this in turn will be sent rendered in a texture of another patch using @capture.

i could simply use to_texture on the render object if i didn’t have the crash problem described here: http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=166969

so im going for the videoplane @capture alternative. i spent days on it, trying to replicate andrew’s scenewarp recipe amongst other things, but can t get it to work.

my eternal tanx for any help. ah and the project is due tomorrow… it will do without but i d really like to have it in.

the original patch:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 4:01 pm

(there s a loadbang and loadmess object that need to be triggered when copy/pasting from the forum)

March 3, 2009 | 4:36 pm

whats f0.rand? I dont have it and need it to run the patch.

I replaced it with random 100 and changed the scale to 0 100 etc.. to see if this might do the same as the abstraction/external thats missing.. is this what it does?

also I dont see any problems.. it is making a ton of large very light circles all over the screen in different shifting colors. whats the issue with @capture? it should work fine, I use that and to_texture all the time. If you let me know what it is you want to do I can add it into this patch and send it back.

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 4:40 pm

didnt think of that, sorry… it s a random float external. comes with this pack:

http://www.fredrikolofsson.com/software/f0.abs081109.zip

March 3, 2009 | 4:44 pm

oh sorry I edited my reply a few moments ago… ill check it out with the external and see if its any different.. I recommend only using built in objects if your posting test patches to the forum

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 4:53 pm
Axiom-Crux wrote on Tue, 03 March 2009 17:36
also I dont see any problems.. it is making a ton of large very light circles all over the screen in different shifting colors. whats the issue with @capture? it should work fine, I use that and to_texture all the time. If you let me know what it is you want to do I can add it into this patch and send it back.

this one works fine indeed. problem is porting it to a version with @capture to texture. render to_texture makes max crash in my bigger app (this is just a portion of a much larger app), see: http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=166969

tanx for checking!

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 4:56 pm

(btw, it s all about the transparencies. trigger the loadbang and loadmess first to set the colors and blending right)

dtr
March 3, 2009 | 5:13 pm

i think i have a workaround, but it s ugly. render to_texture after all, but then to another intermediary texture. then use a ‘send’ to send the intermediary texture to the texture in the other patch.

pisses me off i didn t think of that 2 days ago. cleaner solutions still welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)