need help with transport controlled 4.0 panning plugin

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:14pm

need help with transport controlled 4.0 panning plugin

ok, so this is my first try using max4live. its basically a modifiaction of this http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=345 but my implementation is supposed to be controlled by transport instead of mouse ora OSCdevice.

this is just a first draft, when ive get the basics working i might implement some more functions.

first problem is that i cant calculate the angle that controls the panning, circulate smoothly. every now and then, when it passes 0, 90, 180 or 360 deg, it blips back a quarter of a revolution. guess it because the “beatcounter” is updated slower/after than the “unitcounter”? dont know how to solve it.

the last thing is that i need to scale my range of 0 – 1920, used in the beginning, to 0 – 2*pi but dont know how to make pi or even value with a comma (6.35…). using 6. at the moment.

if anyone got any other suggestions, i would be glad to know.

here is the code;

Attachments:
  1. auto4.0panner.amxd
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:18pm

by the way,i couldnt find out how to export the nice “begin_max5_patcher-code-thing” that everybody seems to use.

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:31am

Instead of beat+unit you can use the ‘raw ticks’ output from transport. It’s basically a continuous unit counter. So when applying % 1920 you get the same numbers as before but more smoothly.

2*pi = 6.283185

To post a patch here, choose Edit > Copy Compressed and paste into your post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.