Forums > Jitter

need little help with opengl output destinations

April 16, 2009 | 4:30 pm

Hey i was wondering if someone could help me i’ve been playing about with a patch made using the boids externals found http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/whsmith/Software/boids_max_jitter_osx.zip]here

now the thing i was trying to do is though the opengl matrix is being outputed to the jit.window named boids i cant seem to work out how to send it just as a matrix to say a jit.pwindow i was trying to use the jit.chromakey object to subtract the black background and have the objects flying about blended into another video source i.e webcam, its probably somethin really simple but i’ve been looking over the jitter tutorials as well documented as they are i can’t seem to work it out, any help would be great.

April 16, 2009 | 5:40 pm

no need to convert back to a matrix or do any kind of chromakeying (those things will slow your patch down).

just create a gl.videoplane in your context, and send your movie to that. transform_reset attribute might be useful, as well as layer attribute for proper drawing order. reread the relevant opengl tutorials if this doesn’t make sense.

if you still need help, post us a patch showing your problems.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)