Need some assistance on color being selected by live audio.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:40pm

Need some assistance on color being selected by live audio.

Hey there, I have a quick question and this has been buggin me for quite some time!

I’m basically looking to find various attributes of a live audio signal to use as X,Y coordinates with a color swatch. My main goal is to have a certain pitch, and depending on how low or high it is, it will select a certain color from the color swatch and display it on an adjacent LCD. I am just a little lost on how to do this. Anyone willing to help?

Thanks for the help,

john d.

Apr 26, 2006 at 10:12pm

Quote: JeanD wrote on Wed, 26 April 2006 11:40
—————————————————-
> Hey there, I have a quick question and this has been buggin me for quite some time!
>
> I’m basically looking to find various attributes of a live audio signal to use as X,Y coordinates with a color swatch. My main goal is to have a certain pitch, and depending on how low or high it is, it will select a certain color from the color swatch and display it on an adjacent LCD. I am just a little lost on how to do this. Anyone willing to help?
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> john d.
—————————————————-

fiddle~

(third party, check maxobjects.com)

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:33am

fiddle~ detects pitch. then you could use amplitude for the other
coordinate. you could use bonk~ to find transients in the signal, and use
the frequency/density of the transients another coordinate. You could split
the signal up using fft or bandpass filters and use the amplitude of each
band as additional coordinates……

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:53pm

Merci pour votre aide ;)

Thanks for the help!

John D.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:48pm

I’m looking to do almost the same thing as changing the color of your LCD. But to influence the colors that are generated in my video I have a patch that I thought would work somewhat do you think the solution is the same?

Thanks a lot

The Nube 3ric27

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.