Forums > MaxMSP

Need the help of a MaxMSP veteran!

May 15, 2008 | 11:19 pm

I need a couple of projects doing for me with MaxMSP and I’m willing to pay for the outcome.

The projects wouldn’t be too much of a challenge for someone who knows the software but they’re a bit out of my current ablities as I’m on a pretty short timescale!

I suppose the best bet would be to get an idea of who is interested firstly and then go from there as it would be easier to do most of the communicating via MSN or something like that.

Like I say, it’s 2 projects in total and they are quite small and specific and really shouldn’t be too complicated.

Thanks

May 15, 2008 | 11:45 pm

Quote: ganjafinger wrote on Fri, 16 May 2008 00:19
—————————————————-
> I need a couple of projects doing for me with MaxMSP and I’m willing to pay for the outcome.
>
> The projects wouldn’t be too much of a challenge for someone who knows the software but they’re a bit out of my current ablities as I’m on a pretty short timescale!
>
> I suppose the best bet would be to get an idea of who is interested firstly and then go from there as it would be easier to do most of the communicating via MSN or something like that.
>
> Like I say, it’s 2 projects in total and they are quite small and specific and really shouldn’t be too complicated.
>
> Thanks
—————————————————-

what kind of patches do you need? synths, samplers, data, midi?

May 16, 2008 | 12:35 am

Here’s a brief idea of what I need.

Project 1:

A beat generator – a little program that let’s me select a number of drum hits and, through a series of knobs, let’s me choose the frequency of each hit (how often) and the rhythm in which it falls (random, swing, straight and on which beat) all set a to a general quantization of 1/16 or 1/32.

Project 2:

A filter – a plugin or standalone that let’s me apply a simple filter to a sound source using an Xbox360 controller to affect the parameters in real time. The joysticks to control freq/regularity and maybe the buttons to control other things, notsure exactly what yet.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Eli
May 16, 2008 | 4:04 am

Both projects are very straightforward and easily accomplishable. Damnit, if I had an xBox360 controller I would do them. : )

May 16, 2008 | 10:21 am

I have a patch built for use with a playstation controller. Select as many loops and one hits as you want. Control lores~ filters with the joysticks. Also has a basic polyphonic synth that you can loop up what you play. I haven’t sorted the quantize yet and probably won’t for a few weeks as I’m busy on another project. But if you want this one you can take it(free obviously) and make whatever adjustments yourself. It might help you get started at least.

Regards
John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)