Forums > MaxMSP

[netreceive] installation problem

September 6, 2008 | 8:55 pm

Hello,

I have downloaded the [netsend] and [netreceive] externals here:

http://www.akustische-kunst.org/maxmsp/

On OS X 10.4.11, Max 4.6, I always get "netreceive: no such object" in the console … In the downloaded package, the file has no extension and is labelled "Unix Executable File". Adding a "mxo" extension doesn’t change anything …

Sorry I don’t have my Windows machine here so I can’t tell you about the Windows version :(

How do you install "netreceive" ???

Thanks for you help,
-j


September 7, 2008 | 3:28 pm

julienbreval wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded the [netsend] and [netreceive] externals here:
> http://www.akustische-kunst.org/maxmsp/
>
> On OS X 10.4.11, Max 4.6, I always get "netreceive: no such object" in the console … In the downloaded package, the file has no extension and is labelled "Unix Executable File". Adding a "mxo" extension doesn’t change anything …
>
> Sorry I don’t have my Windows machine here so I can’t tell you about the Windows version :(
>
> How do you install "netreceive" ???

Did you download the correct version for the Max version you are using?

Olaf


September 7, 2008 | 3:52 pm

Hello Olaf,

I downloaded the "netsend-1.1test7-Max46ub.dmg" version, for using on a Mac Intel, with MaxMSP 4.6.3 …


September 7, 2008 | 4:05 pm

julienbreval wrote:
> Hello Olaf,
>
> I downloaded the "netsend-1.1test7-Max46ub.dmg" version, for using on a Mac Intel, with MaxMSP 4.6.3 …

I also just did that and all looks fine inside. The two externals are in
the build folder. Are you sure they shop up without extension? Or do
they show up as folders and you have extension-less binary files in
there? In that case you have an application (like SubEthaEdit) installed
that has an entry for .mxo in the file type registry. For some reason it
seems to only affect my externals. There must be some magic other people
do that it doesn’t happen for their externals.

Olaf


September 7, 2008 | 5:01 pm

Quote: Olaf Matthes wrote on Sun, 07 September 2008 18:05
—————————————————-
> Are you sure they shop up without extension? Or do
> they show up as folders and you have extension-less binary files in
> there? In that case you have an application (like SubEthaEdit) installed
> that has an entry for .mxo in the file type registry. For some reason it
> seems to only affect my externals. There must be some magic other people
> do that it doesn’t happen for their externals.
—————————————————-

You are right. I uninstalled SubEthaEdit and downloaded your externals again. They don’t show up as folders anymore and I can use them in Max. Thanks a lot for your help.
-j


September 7, 2008 | 5:37 pm

you have to include the PkgInfo file in the .mxo bundle.

have a look in any of the standard distro externals to see what this
contains.

hth

/*j


Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)