new granular synth patch "sugarSynth"
The latest version of my granular synthesis patch, "sugarSynth" is available on
The basic structure of the granular synthesis engine is almost the same as the my older version which has been released as "MSP Granular Synthesis v.2.5" since 2000, but the user interface is completely new. Check it!
realtime granular synthesizer for Max/MSP
tool for pitch-change, time-stretch, stereo-spread, multiplication, and more… all in realtime.
• completely new user interface (Max 5 presentation mode)
• enable to import audiofile (aiff, wav, mp3, aac…) simply by drag&drop
• enable to record audio inputs into the buffer for synthesis in realtime
• using polyphony (poly~ object)
• enable to change number of grains (instances) easily
• quick recording of ongoing performance
thanks for this – an exceelent granulator, which will teach us all a bit more about MaxMSP. Your grain processes and algorithm are very similar to my own method; I never thought I’d achieve my lonely goal of artefact-free timestretching and granulation, but this forum and the work of yourself and others have made it possible:
Just had a look at this – absolutely lovely. Thanks very much.
What I love about Sakonda’s patches, quite apart from the patches themselves, which are always a treat, is that they are so clearly laid out and annotated – an example to us all!
Hello. May I extending/modifying/revising or otherwise editing this patches and releasing edits? It is public domain or else?
Thank’s For This Patches! ;-)