Forums > MaxMSP

new live objects and scripting name

December 18, 2009 | 12:03 am

It seems the new live objects can’t ‘survive’ without the scripting name. I can delete it but every time I open again the patcher the default scripting name is there again.
Is there a reason for that? I would prefer to be able to delete it; it causes some minor issues in my configuration, e.g. they are always exposed to pattr system.

Thank you

Matteo

osx 10.6.2
MaxMsp 5.1
Jitter 1.7

December 18, 2009 | 12:55 am

In the Live ui object’s inspector, set parameter visibility to ‘hidden’.

all the best,
-Ben

December 18, 2009 | 10:45 pm

Thank you Ben

Matteo

December 31, 2009 | 2:22 pm

Maybe I’m missing something, but every time I open again the patcher, the scripting name (a default name) is there and visible to pattr, in spite of the ‘hidden’ setting.

All the best

matteo

January 11, 2010 | 7:02 am

maybe I’m missing something too. ?
I’d also just like to exclude live objects from the autopattr system, same problem as matteo. edit: The seemingly unevitable scriptingname also appears in the clientwindow of the pattrstorage object, despite Hidden setting, of course..
cheers
wtg

January 13, 2010 | 5:21 pm

why don’t you just exclude these objects from the pattr system with the second outlet of an autopattr ?

January 13, 2010 | 7:04 pm

Because i usually do it the other way, which is not a good reason, but this method also seems to introduce more objects and patchcords to patchers which are hard to keep tidy anyways.. But thanks(!) that’s kind of a solution.
Still there should be a way..?

January 13, 2010 | 7:18 pm

I’m using the "2th outlet technique", too, even if I prefer the other way…

But I’d like to know if there’s a specific reason live.objects must always have a scripting name…

matteo

January 14, 2010 | 11:49 am

I guess there is a reason with Live’s way of working…

But I just found this trick :
loadbang to message "varname" to your Live object
it opens your Live object with a blank scripting name

December 4, 2012 | 10:17 am

I confirm Live objects are not hidden to pattrstorage when using the ‘hidden’ parameter (Max 6.0.8).
Strange behaviour.

February 1, 2014 | 2:15 am

hello max pros,

is this bug is still alive ?
i am tying to delete the scripting name of a live.toggle object.

if i set the ‘hidden’ parameter, the scripting name disappear, but if i reload the patch, the scripting name is still there.

perhaps someone from cycling has a hint ?

excluding from the pattrstorage is not an option.

all the best,
toma

February 1, 2014 | 5:22 am

I think the ‘hidden’ attribute must be seen in the context of M4L as it ensures that the parameter value is not saved with the Live set. But you may not always want to exclude it automatically from pattrstorage which provides a different layer of preset management.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)