New to Max and no audio problem

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:40pm

New to Max and no audio problem

I am a musician and new to MAX. I have a patch that a composer sent me for a piece that involves some loops and delay for amplified marimba. My set up right now is an m-audio fast track usb interface into my macbook pro and Max 6. I can tell the patch is working b/c the buttons blink when I go through the cycles, but I get absolutely no audio. My interface is working b/c I get the amplified marimba sound from the outputs there. How do I get the patch and the live audio to communicate? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:04pm

Make sure you’ve selected your audio interface under ‘Options’ – ‘Audio Status’

also make sure you have turned the audio on, either in your patch or in the same audio status menu.

Hope this helps

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:20pm

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, it is selected, and the audio is on. it reads:

Audio: On
Driver: CoreAudio M-Audio Fast Track C400
Input device: M-Audio Fast TRack C400

I cannot choose anything for input source or output destination…

Any other possibilities?

Apr 24, 2012 at 12:04am

I too am having an issue with no audio working with Max6. I am using max 6.0.4 with a macbook bro OS 10.6.8 and I cannot get any audio to work, even after I select the proper drivers in audio status

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:58am

Trash your preferences and it should be fine….

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:13pm

You could try looking in the Audio MIDI Setup…

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:00am

I triple-confirm the no audio issue in Max 6. A patcher running in Max 5 sends audio to my USB interface (M-Audio Fast Track Pro, with latest audio driver installed) without a problem, but choosing CoreAudio and the same interface in Max 6 results in zero audio from any output, including built-in. I can also confirm sample audio is trying to be heard based on the levels monitors clearly indicating a hot signal that I can’t hear. (Note, as well, any change I make to the dropdown settings in the Audio Status UI results in some “adstatus” display error because more than 100 lines may need to be displayed — that’s not a feature, I’d say).

I would try to trash my preferences, though everything I am reading on this site seems to suggest Max 6′s preferences are located here:

~/Library/Application Support/Cycling ’74/

However, I cannot find a Cycling ’74 directory there, only C74 Plug-In Support. I’d welcome any suggestions people may have for next steps. Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.