new user: examples of "studios"

Mar 28, 2007 at 1:06am

new user: examples of "studios"

I’m new to max. I downloaded the demo and can’t seem to find any examples included.

Can someone point me to a good source of examples? In particular I’m interested in self contained “studios” – synth/sampler + sequencer – similiar to some of the reaktor ensembles.

Thanks for all advice.

Mar 28, 2007 at 1:32am

Quote: jp8080 wrote on Tue, 27 March 2007 18:06
—————————————————-
> I’m new to max. I downloaded the demo and can’t seem to find any examples included.
>
> Can someone point me to a good source of examples? In particular I’m interested in self contained “studios” – synth/sampler + sequencer – similiar to some of the reaktor ensembles.
>
> Thanks for all advice.
>
—————————————————-

When installed on a Mac in the Applications folder there is a Max/MSP folder and in there is a folder called Examples. You’ll find synths, samplers, effects, FFTs, etc. etc. in there. You can see other people’s patches in the cycling74.com/share folder as well as at studiotoolz.net and I’m sure a zillion other places with a google search (max standalone, max applications, etc.). This should be a good start….have fun!

Mar 30, 2007 at 5:34pm

To add to what lewis had to say you aint gonna get something all in one like you mentioned unless you make it yourself- which will take a little learning time. As well as the fantastic examples Lewis mentioned-
if you really wanna learn to be able to explore what max can do have a look at the tutorials and accompanying patches (which are the best resource available) – also when using the tutorials or example patches, look at the help files for the individual objects – that way you’ll get more of an idea how things work
I’d say from scratch – you’ll be talking a few weeks until you’ll be getting near the stage where you can do what you mentioned – but trust me- as projects go you are certainly not going over the top on complexity to start off like many people

Hope this helps you get going.

T

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.