Forums > MaxMSP

newbie in pattr : preset object <-> pattr ?

June 19, 2008 | 6:39 pm

Hi,

I’m interested by the interpolation fonction of pattr, but just discovering the pattr tutorial, i’m wondering about relationship with a preset object. i really like the preset object user interface, and don’t want to skip it.

I first thought that, knowing that they have nearly the same fonction, pattr and preset object were going to be in conflict if put in the same patcher, but in fact, like stefan showed me with the example below, there are not, and i just took time to find this little preset-object atribute named "pattrstorage" from where the clue window then explain how to use the preset-object "as a user interface for pattrstorage"….. !

This is an important question :

I have an old patcher full of multisliders and that is using a big preset object already full of multisliders datas. (a bit like this one, but heavier: http://www.synthesisters.com/hypermail/max-msp/Aug05/29384.html )

Can i "bright" the pattr stuff from the little patch bellow, into my old patcher with preset-object, in order to, then, interpolate between the already existing presets ?? how ?
(If i complete the "pattrstorage" preset-object atribute, the preset-object loses all its datas which i need !! )
(and yes i know i have to put [autopattr @autoname 1].)

Thanks,
Alexandre

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 20, 2008 | 8:24 am

Alexandre schrieb:
> Can i "bright" the pattr stuff from the little patch bellow, into my old patcher with preset-object, in order to, then, interpolate between the already existing presets ?? how ?
> (If i complete the "pattrstorage" preset-object atribute, the preset-object loses all its datas which i need !! )
> (and yes i know i have to put [autopattr @autoname 1].)

Unfortunately you can’t just refer the existing preset object to a
pattrstorage, it would erase all presets.
I’do it that way:
create a new preset object, bind it to your pattrstorage, place an
autopattr into the same patch then either name all UI objects, or just
connect them to the autopattr. Then recall each old preset, and save it
into the new pattrstorage. The last step could be automated with some
patching. (Only worth if you have a lot of presets to transfer…)

If all went well, delete the old preset object, and save your xml…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

June 20, 2008 | 12:09 pm

wonderfull!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)