No Output Device in DSP window (ad_mme error)

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:49pm

No Output Device in DSP window (ad_mme error)

Hello,
Since a few years, my students use different ear training programs I’ve made with Max/Msp. Last year I “updated” all those programs with Max5 to solve some compatibility problems with OSX Leopard/Snow Leopard and Vista/Windows 7. My students work with those updated versions till last September without any particular issue. But since a few weeks, some of those who are using the PC version under Windows 7 are complaining that there is no sound anymore. So I checked what was going on and discover something a bit strange.
First of all, the Max window was displaying the following message:
“ad_mme: stopping due to error”.
I opened the DSP Status window and saw that there was no output device selected; but Audio was “On” and the Driver was set to “ad_mme”. So I set the Output device back to “Speakers” and all was working well again. I closed the program and reopened it but there was no sound again. Same issue….
I trashed the Max5 preferences files and opened the same program once again and… the sound was OK! I closed it and checked if all was correctly configured or saved in the Max5 “admme@.txt” preferences file and it was. Finally I reopened the program and there was no sound once again.
I don’t understand what is going on. Any help would be very appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:29am

Same problem here =)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.