Forums > Max For Live

Nodes not working in Max For Live

February 14, 2011 | 3:15 pm

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting the new Nodes object to work in M4L. It shows up in the editor and works fine when editing the patch, but as soon as I close the editor and use it as a real M4L object it is grayed out with stripes, labelled (Nodes). It just doesn't work, at all. What am I doing wrong?

With kind regards,
Mathijs.

[attachment=153942,1812]

Attachments:
  1. nodes.jpg

February 14, 2011 | 3:44 pm

It works fine here… do you also have a full license of max? or just m4l?
and do you have the latest ableton live version?

February 15, 2011 | 10:28 am

I have a full license of Max MSP and Jitter, and Ableton Live. Strangely enough, when I started the project today to give it another go, it worked instantly. Not sure what the problem was. Thanks for helping out, though! May you have a nice day.

February 15, 2011 | 11:29 am

Do you have 5.1.7 installed? nodes has been introduced in 5.1.6 (5.1.7 is highly recommended though).

February 15, 2011 | 2:34 pm

Thanks, I do have 5.1.7 installed. It’s fixed now, but I’m not sure what caused the problem to begin with.

February 15, 2011 | 3:50 pm

It looks like you might have some nodes patcher/file in your search path, which might be causing some trouble.

April 9, 2013 | 2:47 am

I realize how old this post is, but I had an identical issue recently. Emmanuel’s comment is spot on, but here it is in more specific language. For anyone else finding this post, make sure that there isn’t a file in the same directory as your maxpat (or anywhere in Max’s search path) called "nodes", "nodes.*", or similar. For me, it was "nodes.js", which I found surprising.

April 9, 2013 | 7:50 am

incidentally this goes for all max objects and files. Don’t name your project "counter" or some such. It’ll break things.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)