Forums > MaxMSP

non mappable itmes in MAXMSP?

January 22, 2013 | 8:29 am

I noticed that some of the buttons like the incdec buttons and live.arrows are not MIDI mappable in ABleton. Is there something I need to toggle in the inspector to make this possible? If this is not possible, does anyone know of an object that has up/down or left /right capabilities that is indeed midi MIDI mappable?

January 22, 2013 | 8:57 am

to be straightforward here. I just want to be able to have two MIDI mappable arrows to navigate through the preset object. How can i do this?

January 22, 2013 | 9:25 am

the logic of incdec and a fixed range doesnt really go good together.

otoh, indec will always be up to date when a parameter has been changed from elswhere, so i see no reason whyn yyou would like to control an incdec from midi – it is enough to control the numberbox or whatever it is, which then can be also connected to an incdec.

January 22, 2013 | 9:28 am

thanks for your reply. Roman. I simply want to have two MIDI mappable arrows to navigate through the ‘preset’ object.
How can i do this?

January 22, 2013 | 11:29 am

Here is a possible solution – somewhat tricky as Live’s midi mapping supports toggle mode only.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 22, 2013 | 8:10 pm

this works great. ! now if i could only learn how to insert an image for those live.text buttons. seems like it wasnts to know the path in , but when i put it in there it doesnt seem to show up.

Thanks for your help!

January 22, 2013 | 9:26 pm

one thing I am wondering about this code . Lets say i want to limit the number of presets I use to 32. And when it hits the top preset 32, and i hit up again, I want it to cycle back to preset number 1, as though to cycle through them all. Is there a way to do this? Presently I have asked in another post about limiting the number of presets (which i am assuming will need to happen first). WHat I have done in the mean time is limit the range of the number on the number box, but i know thw even though this is limited, that tat as i press the UP button after the 32nd preset, the preset object is still going through the unseen presets..

please help!! thank you !

January 22, 2013 | 10:42 pm

It can be done with a ‘modulo’ operation [%] like this.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 22, 2013 | 11:01 pm

YES! thank you so much!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)