Forums > MaxMSP

none of my patchs works since mountain lion

July 23, 2013 | 3:08 pm

Hi

the title is long but the problem is hudge, since I upgraded my OS X
from snow leopard to mountin lion, max don’t works fine, none of my patch except tiny ones are working good. An example a soon as I turn the audio, cpu run to 100%

my computer is a 17" i7 and I have re-intalled max 6.1.3 recently

any idea ?

thank you indeed for any help

Regards
Eryck


July 23, 2013 | 5:25 pm

Have you emailed support@cycling74.com?


July 23, 2013 | 9:36 pm

Sounds like your audio prefs may have been corrupted, and you signal vector size has dropped to something very small, but if not support should be able to sort you out.


July 23, 2013 | 11:58 pm

thanks guys for quick answer, appreciate,

I forgot to say that my install was not a clean one,
but from a time machine back-up. That could explain the corrupted audio prefs ?
If yes, the only thing to do is a real clean install, which is not easy now with Apple
MLion. But doable thought

Eryck


July 24, 2013 | 12:48 am

Bonjour Eryck,

before doing a clean install, you should try to create a new user account and try your patches from this account.

p


July 24, 2013 | 1:23 am

Bonjour Patrick

I just did it, but the behaviour is identical. Do you think that
using the machine with a new account is same as with a clean install ?

E


July 24, 2013 | 2:34 am

After checking the activity monitor, it appears that the system itself use
between 34 and 41 % of the cpu, on whathever user account
I guess here is the problem.

But I don’t know how to resolve it,

any idea ?


July 24, 2013 | 7:44 am

Sounds like corruption, I’ve time machined Max from a completely different computer (Mac mini to MacBook) with no issues. Is there a different DAC you can try?


July 24, 2013 | 11:59 am

Ok what a day !!!

I think I am sort out, not sure but …
First I clean up my fans, inside the mac (yes I was in tour in India this winter
and India can be kind of dusty sometimes) so the fans was just incredibly dusty.

Then (au bord du gouffre) I decided to rebuild a complex patch (who blowed my cpu on Mountain Lion) from zero. I noticed that at this time, I did a lot of fancy multisliders, pots and colored panels, and I don’t know why but I decided to simplify my Gui, almost a pure data feeling ;-), and on a simple the difference is 10% cpu, so imagine on a hudge stuff

well now it seems to be ok …let see when I will finish the patch, if ever ;-)


July 24, 2013 | 12:01 pm

and my conclusion, for now, is that max 6 is not totally ready for all
those crazy make-up GUI we did before
would be curious to have your feelings thought


July 24, 2013 | 2:22 pm

Hi @Eryck

There’s a few details here that you neglected to mention in your support ticket. We don’t recommend the use of Time Machine or Migration Assistant for moving Max installations from machine-to-machine, it proves troublesome for many reasons.

This is most likely contributing to your performance issue and I recommend you get back in touch with us in Support to resolve it.

Tom.


Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘none of my patchs works since mountain lion’ is closed to new replies.