Forums > Java

noobie noob-question

October 24, 2007 | 1:19 pm

Hi,

I’m starting to use jitter objects within my Java code and I’m having some problems starting up.

Now I’ve made a JitterObject which refers to a jit.qt.movie.

I can get this object to read the movie I want, but I can’t send a bang to this object. Max tells me: ‘error: jit_qt_movie: doesn’t understand "bang" ‘

So then I try setting the frame numbers manually and performing a matrixCalc("bang", outputMatrix) operation. This gives me the first frame of the movie, no matter what kind of "frame" message I sent to this movie. Oh yeah, and it does exactly the same when I use matrixCalc("blahblahblah", outputMatrix)… instead of an error what I would expect.

I realize that these are very basic concepts and unfortunately I’m not grasping them yet. Can anybody pretty please tell me what it is about bangs and matrixCalc etc. that I’m not understanding here?

October 26, 2007 | 2:19 pm

…and now I’m wondering why it would take such a time for my question to be answered. Some possibilities are:

1. my question is not specific enough.
2. my question is really too stupid to be taken seriously.
3. my question is just too hard to answer.
4. I’m just being too impatient.

October 30, 2007 | 4:32 pm

Quote: Tarik wrote on Fri, 26 October 2007 16:19
—————————————————-
> …and now I’m wondering why it would take such a time for my question to be answered. Some possibilities are:
>
> 1. my question is not specific enough.
> 2. my question is really too stupid to be taken seriously.
> 3. my question is just too hard to answer.
> 4. I’m just being too impatient.
—————————————————-

None of the above. You didn’t provide example code.

Mattijs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)