Forums > MaxMSP

Notes not playing correctly

September 20, 2013 | 8:26 am

I am working on a project where I am trying to have Max play a song. I have one kslider for the right hand and one for the left hand. There is a button to begin playback, and I have used a sequence of delays, buttons and messages to have the notes play in order. It works perfectly fine, except when I have a note that is supposed to play twice in a row. The first note will stop, and then the second will emit a very quiet and very short version of the note.

If anyone knows why this is happening or a quick fix, I would greatly appreciate it.

September 20, 2013 | 8:43 am

Never mind! Figured it out!
(The duration of the notes was overlapping with the delay before the next note. Just made the duration of each note 1ms less and it works)

September 20, 2013 | 10:48 am

the problem was that you needed a different process for a given data input – and you solved it by changing the incoming data. thats not ideal, because it might not work in an other situation.

to do what you originally wanted, i would recommend to split up the data into note on and note off messages, and then apply an extra delay object onto the note off stream.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)