Notorious NO SUCH OBJECT Error

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:24am

Notorious NO SUCH OBJECT Error

Keep getting the message “qlist:No Such Object” in the Max window.

I have upgraded to 6.1.3, deleted preferences in the Application Support folder, and cleared away any other qlist objects I found floating around. Still keeps coming up.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:33am

did you … remove ANYTHING named qlist from your search path ?… (ie, not only object, but any text etc)
i have it normally on my macOSX1068max613. Maybe you cleared too much ?…
or maybe youa re using max 64 bits, and qlist is not 64 bit compatible yet ? (that i do’nt know)

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:31pm

It’s really behaving strangely. Sometimes it’ll be ok when I open it and will see the qlist object no problem. Other times it’ll give me that error. But I am also getting an intermittent error of #X:No Such Object

I have no idea what that is or where that may be coming from.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:25am

I think I narrowed the problem down. I had my patch stored in a dropbox folder so I could work on it at home and the office. It seems there was something going on with that set-up. I saved the file to another name on my desktop and it now works fine. Not sure what was going on there with it. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:30am

Hello,

I have a similar problem with “newobj| beat~: No such object”.

I am very new to MAX and I need to analyze music data and store information of it.

There are some already existing patches (http://web.media.mit.edu/~tristan/maxmsp.html) which would analyze these parameters but if I put them into the patches path of MAX it just keeps saying e.g. “beat~: No such object”. I checked all folders and there just exists this one folder where I put the .mxe files in.

Also, I use the demo version of MAX, could this deny the use of external patches?

Thanks in advance,
Chriz

Oct 22, 2013 at 7:14am

Problem solved!

It is depending on which OS you use. With WIN8 it always crashed, on MAC OSX it now works like a charm!

Cheers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.