object–>color: saving custom colours with patch

Apr 3, 2007 at 11:25am

object–>color: saving custom colours with patch

hi,

it is convenient to use the object–>color menu to change the colour of objects etc. the only problem is that i use a custom palette that i have specified using options–>colors, and when a patch opens on another copy of max it uses the default (shipped with) colours. is there a way of saving my custom palette with the patch, or better still a way of forcing max to store the rgb values of the chosen colours (such as it would on objects, like comment boxes, that allow colour to be set using get-info, (which is a tedious job if there are many objects because you have to do each one separately)). as a side note, what is the reasoning behind a colour-scheme system that can be ‘overridden’ so easily from computer to computer / user to user?

thanks
a

Apr 3, 2007 at 1:27pm

This is covered in the topics pdf in the chapter messages to max. The message is boxcolor.

_
johan

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:13pm

i think the object colours are also stored in a text file in the cycling74 folder. i cant seem to find this file at the moment, which leads me to believe that it is only written if you modify the colours. u could distribute this file with the patch…

j

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:04pm

or use loadbang and messages to universal to set the colors perhaps. :)
On Apr 3, 2007, at 12:13 PM, justin wrote:

>
> i think the object colours are also stored in a text file in the
> cycling74 folder. i cant seem to find this file at the moment,
> which leads me to believe that it is only written if you modify the
> colours. u could distribute this file with the patch…
>
> j

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

Apr 4, 2007 at 1:43am

Quote: justin wrote on Tue, 03 April 2007 10:13
—————————————————-
> i think the object colours are also stored in a text file in the cycling74 folder. i cant seem to find this file at the moment, which leads me to believe that it is only written if you modify the colours. u could distribute this file with the patch…
>
> j
—————————————————-

thats true – the normal case is that _your colors are used
always.
but it is possible to have patches override those settings,
as well as font size or DSP settings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.