Objects appearing in the wrong places

May 8, 2009 at 11:35pm

Objects appearing in the wrong places

Dear list,

I’m doing some stuff in mxj with jitter, basically I have a load of gridshapes each textured with different jpgs and I’m trying to draw lines between them. I draw the gridshapes by setting their automatic attribute to 0 and using the drawobject command with jit.gl.sketch. After I’ve drawn all the gridshapes I try and draw lines using linesegment, the problem is the lines and gridshapes don’t match up, I think somewhere along the way the geometry is getting messed up, I’ve tried putting a pushmatrix and popmatrix between each set of commands I send to jit.gl.sketch but no luck. Any ideas what could be screwing with my geometry? Right now the only solution I can think of is not use drawobject at all but try and do the whole thing with gl commands to sketch directly, but this is likely to fry my brain.

Robin

May 9, 2009 at 12:59pm

I have re written the mxj to draw textured quads using jit.gl.sketch, I’m drawing frames around each quad and lines linking each quad to each other, i specify the glcolor before drawing the frames and the lines but these colors aren’t used, colors from the textures are. how do I get gl to do what i want?

May 9, 2009 at 1:30pm

glpushattrib and glpopattrib have solved my problem, i hope this helps someone else someday

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.