Odd behavior when saving a patch

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:03am

Odd behavior when saving a patch

Hello; My apologies for yet another dumb question but I’m experiencing a slightly annoying thing when saving patches.
I am in the habit of frequently saving patches as I work on them (with the same file name) and often Max will constantly re-ask me where to save the patch on the hard drive and then give a warning to confirm that I want to overwrite the previous version of the patch.

This will happen even if I have been working on the same patch constantly and have saved it many times with the same file name.

Now, other times I can just hit command-S and it saves it right away.

I would love to fix this and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Again, sorry if I’m missing something basic in the preferences but I just haven’t been able to suss this out.

Thanks very much!

-B

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:38am

OK so I’m replying to my own post. I think I found the source of my problem by digging a little more through the forum. (this forum is so great)
Out of habit I had “/”s in some of the file names in my search path which contain my patches which is a no-no. I changed them to dashes (Max/MSP/Jitter to Max-MSP-Jitter) and things seem to be back to normal. Now I can save easily to my heart’s content which is good as Max 5 has crashed more in the last two weeks since I got it than Max 4.x ever did. : )

Still love it though!

-B

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.