Forums > MaxMSP

ol.mousewheel

October 7, 2012 | 3:20 pm

HI,
do you know how it works ? i try with the helper… but nothing appends. thanks for your help.
you can download it here :

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=33651&bb_attachments=163416&bbat=2312

October 7, 2012 | 6:04 pm

ok, thanks a lot, Oli Larkin say :No… Jit.window reports mouse wheel messages in max6 which meant I didnt need an extra object

i ‘ve try to use this, i can read the value of the wheel ( speed ) but i don’t arrive to use it… i connect the result in a flonum…and nothing…

November 21, 2013 | 10:40 am

Hi there. I know that ol.mousewheel doesn’t work on the Mac anymore, but would like to let you know that I’ve tried it on Windows 7 (Pro 64) with Max 6.1.5 (32 bit) and it’s working fine there…

On a related note, now I really need a solution on the Mac side… is there any cross-platform solution to get the mousewheel information? It’s really unfortunate that such a basic and useful feature isn’t supported by [mousestate] or other builtin object (with jit.window’s exception). We can connect arduinos, kinects and wiimotes, but can’t have access to the mousewheel or its additional buttons (and no, [hi] doesn’t count, as the keyboard and mouse are not available on the Windows side…).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)