open bpatcher in presentation mode?

May 22, 2009 at 11:40am

open bpatcher in presentation mode?

Hi,

I have a patch containing several bpatchers. I want to open the patches inside the bpatchers in presentation mode but it doesn’t seem apparent to me how to do this?

I have searched the forum and found some comments about checking the “open in presentation” box on the bpatchers inspector but in my bpatchers inspector there is not this option??

I think I must be missing something obvious!

Any help would be great.

May 22, 2009 at 11:54am

If you open the patch itself that you want to load into a bpatcher, then open the patcher inspector (shift+apple+i) then check the open in presentation mode box in there it will work.

It also helps to have the top left corner of the presentation at the very top left of the window as well, it means you won’t have to mess around with the offset message to get the bpatcher to the right size.

May 22, 2009 at 12:21pm

Hi again,

sorry if this is sounding dumb but i just can’t see this “open in presentation” box anywhere. I have checked the inspector of the bpatcher, opened the patch as a sub-patcher and checked that inspector and cannot see it in either?

Any ideas?

May 22, 2009 at 12:33pm

It sounds like you’re opening the patcher as a sub-patch inside a larger patch. Try making a new patcher window, then paste the contents of the sub-patch into it, and save it.

Now as long as that patch is saved into the search path of your main patch you can use it as an abstraction. You can just type ‘n’ and write in the name of the patch as if it is a max object.

If you open up your new patch (that used to be a sub-patch) and press shift+apple+i it opens the patcher inspector, and there is a box that says open in presentation mode. When checked, it opens the presentation of the patch if loaded into a bpatcher.

heres a pic of the patcher inspector

May 24, 2009 at 8:36am

Seek, and ye shall find…

All bpatcher I use have checked “open in presentation”. I can assure you that it exists

Stefan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.